Sex on a plate is what cheekily came to mind the first time I made these moreish little morsels.
Stimulating the senses is what the French are all about, and what could be more seductively frenchy than luscious, juicy figs stuffed with salty pancetta and creamy chèvre?
Being totally un-vegetarian, un-vegan and dairy-rich means you won't impress those in certain circles, but the lucky ones upon whom you do bestow these beauties will be your new best friends. And in less than 10 minutes flat.
- Allow two figs per person. If necessary, clean gently with cool water, pat dry and snip the top off each stem.
- Cut a cross in the top of each fig three-quarters of the way through, without cutting the base, and place on a foil-lined baking tray.
- Form little rosettes of finely shaved pancetta and push into the centre of each fig.
- Fill each pancetta rosette with a spoonful of fromage frais de chèvre (soft goats cheese) and grill for 5 minutes or until the chèvre starts to melt.
- Sprinkle with freshly chopped rosemary, a grind of pepper et voilà!
- Devour without inhibition.