Easy-Peasy Satay Fried Rice
The easiest and most moreish way to use up leftover rice is to bang out this dish in 10 minutes flat. It's healthy, satisfying and most of all, so peanut-buttery-good, you'll want to eat seconds straight out of the pan (like I do).
Here's why it's so good for you and oh-so-easy-peasy :
- You can use just about any leftover veggies you have lying around (I always prefer greens)
- Turmeric and curry powder are anti-inflammatory (but you can swap them for ground cumin and coriander)
- Nut butter combined with rice makes a complete protein (and makes for a simple satay sauce)
- Easily swap peas + rocket for baby spinach + broccoli or any other leafy green + veggie combo
- Leave out the egg for a vegan/vegetarian dish
EASY-PEASY SATAY FRIED RICE
- Boil eggs and frozen peas in the same saucepan for 5-10 minutes depending on how hard you like your eggs.
- Meanwhile fry a finely chopped onion, 1 tsp curry powder + 1 tsp turmeric in plenty of coconut oil till softened and fragrant.
- Stir in leftover cooked rice till warm, add a generous spoonful of nut butter and mix through.
- Tip onto a plate, add greens of your choice and boiled egg.
- Et voila ! Devour with delight.